What information we collect
Information you provide to us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, when you sign up for an account we collect identifiers such as name, email, address, payment information, and additional business information needed to provide the full services of Fleetrock. We may also collect information when you request customer support or otherwise communicate with us, including your name and any other information you choose to provide.
Information about your use of our Services
When you access or use our Services, we collect information about your interactions, including:
- Vehicles: We collect information about the vehicles you enter.
- Repair Orders: We collect information about the repair orders you enter.
- Service-Related Information: We collect information around scheduled maintenance, warranties, issues, and other service-related data that you enter.
- Telematics Information: We collect information provided via telematics.
Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and our service providers) use different technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as "pixel tags" or "clear GIFs") are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. Below are partners we work with to place cookies on our site:
- Google (to help measure how users interact with our content, and host YouTube tutorials)
- Stripe (to provide credit card and subscription services)
- Zendesk (to provide customer support services)
For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see Your Choices
How we use the information we collect
We use the information we collect to provide, personalize, maintain and improve our Services and to communicate with you about our Services. We may also use the information we collect to monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services, and to detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Fleetrock and others.
How we share the information we collect
- With service providers, that perform services for us, such as processing payments on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information, if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe you have violated the law, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Fleetrock or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Fleetrock and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
Analytics services provided by others
Transfer of information to the United States
Fleetrock is based in the United States and we process and store information in the United States. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction.
You may update your account information at any time by logging into your account. If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, please contact us at www.fleetrock.com/contact
, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails at any time by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, please review these additional privacy disclosures, which provide a summary of how we collect, use, and disclose personal information about you and explain your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA").
Categories of Information We Collect, Use and Disclose for Business Purposes:
We may collect the following categories of personal information, as described in the "What information we collect" section above:
- Identifiers, such as name, email address or IP address
- Commercial information, such as records of purchases and payment information
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as log data, and information about the devices and computers you use to access our Services
- Other information you provide, such as messages to customer service
- Inferences drawn from any of the above
California residents have the right to request access to or deletion of their personal information, to request additional details about our information practices, and to not be discriminated against. You may exercise these rights by contacting us at www.fleetrock.com/contact
. If you would like to access the personal information we hold about you, you may do so by logging into your account.
In order to exercise these rights, you will need to verify your identity to protect your security and personal information. We will verify your request by sending an email to the email address we have on file, and asking you to confirm your request by responding to that email. To designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on your behalf, you must provide the authorized agent with power of attorney or written and signed permission to submit the request as well as verify your own identity directly with us, and directly confirm with us that you have provided the authorized agent with permission to submit the request. Note that even if we honor your request to delete your information, we may retain certain information as required or permitted by law.
Sale of Personal Information.
Fleetrock does not sell information that directly identifies our customers such as their names or email addresses. We do use marketing partners, however, and we share cookies, IP addresses, and device identifiers with them so that they can help us promote our Services.
The Fleetrock website and/or app may contain links to other sites. Fleetrock assumes no responsibility for the content or the privacy policies and practices of such websites. Fleetrock encourages you to read the privacy statements of these linked sites; their privacy practices may differ from ours.
How to contact us